Wednesday 3 August 2011

Shrink Plastic - Shrunken



As promised a few photographs of the little characters I drew the other night. I had a go at printing them onto the shrink plastic using my printer (a long battle to get the thing up and running but I eventually managed to get them scanned then printed). As you can see from the photograph in the centre they really do shrink quite significantly and thicken up too. I punched a hole in the forehead using your run of the mill hole punch and once baked in the oven the hole is still of a big enough size to put a ribbon or jump ring through. I'm thinking they might make cute little key rings, I think all I will need is a coat of varnish to seal the design. It's also giving me lots of ideas for Christmas decorations, greeting cards...... the list is endless.
The actual plastic seems to have gained quite a grainy texture since shrinking, I'm not sure if I've gone wrong somewhere or maybe not baked long enough, any tips would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. They are lovely! I've only tried the small Shrinkies pack before, I didn't even know you could get a printer version! They would defo make cool keyrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much - isn't a printer version great, can't wait to do more!

    ReplyDelete